Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rydzyk, a DTD sufferer?

Many have long suspected Father Tadeusz Rydzyk has mental problems. How else to explain the cocktail of xenophonic, homophobic and anti-Semitic bile broadcast by his Polish media empire. But evidence of disease might finally be at hand.

Rydzyk travelled to Brussels recently and had the following to say: "I don't know where I live…."

I'm not a psychiatrist but this would appear to suggest Rydzyk suffers from Developmental Topographical Disorder, aka DTD. This is a disorder (cue Wikipedia plagiarism) caused by the inability to segregate landmarks and derive navigational information from them. I think this explains part of his problem very well. He doesn't know where he is and might believe he's still in the dark ages, along with his views.

But this does not seem to be Rydzyk's only problem. He appears to have lost his memory as well.

"I don't know where I live . . . but in Communist times we didn't have problems like we do today," he said.

Yes, the problems of today are horrendous. Many contemporary Poles are afflicted with issues such as which toilet paper should I buy and not with issues like should I wipe my behind with the sports section or the political section, as in Communism. Another question weighing on many is why is there so much traffice and not how can I possibly hope to get a car this lifetime. Or, considering it seems 99% of Poles have flat-screen TVs, a rising issue is should I really go 3D or is it just a passing fad.

Rydzyk has many issues it seems. But I think DTD and memory loss are only the tip of the iceberg....

1 comment:

  1. Come on X, you can't beat the ray tube when it comes to domestic entertainment.
    My in-laws' Russian model , smuggled in the early eighties, is still going strong, while my Phillips '94 is giving me reminders of its vintage every time Wesley Snejder makes a fine run on the left- just off my screen.

    Rydzyk is just as reliable. The same message cince RM began and the reception of his broadcasts in Warsaw as poor as ever

    DK

    ReplyDelete